Whom To Trust After Naming 72 Weight Loss Products Containing Undeclared Compounds by FDA?
In December 2008, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) named 28 products marketed for weight loss containing undeclared pharmaceutical ingredients, include prescription drugs in doses that the agency said could lead to serious health consequences.
In January 2009 this was updated to a total of 68, and now, following further investigation the federal agency is adding four products to the list: Herbal Xenicol, Slimbionic, and Xsvelten.
The FDA have also added four more undeclared pharmaceutical compounds found in the tainted products: fenproporex, fluoxetine, furosemide, and cetilistat.
Dr Janet Woodcock, director of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) said in a press statement that:
“These tainted weight loss products pose a great risk to public health because they contain undeclared ingredients and, in some cases, contain prescription drugs in amounts that greatly exceed maximum recommended dosages.”
“Consumers have no way of knowing that these products contain dangerous drugs that could cause serious consequences to their health,” she added. Phentramin and Fenfast 375 are FDA approved drugs.
Our research studies have shown that phentermine diet pills do not contain any of the following 72 listed below ingredients.
The products are mostly marketed as dietary supplements and sold via the internet, plus retail stores and beauty parlours. The packaging and advertising uses phrases like “natural”, or claim to contain only “herbal” ingredients, but the FDA found they contain the following undeclared pharmaceutical drugs:
* Fenproporex – a controlled substance not approved for sale in the US.
* Fluoxetine – an antidepressant (available only via prescription).
* Bumetanide and furosemide – potent diuretics (available only via prescription).
* Rimonabant – a drug not approved for sale in the US.
* Cetilistat – an experimental drug for treating obesity; not approved for sale in the US.
* Phenytoin – an anti-seizure medication drug (available only via prescription).
* Phenolphthalein – a solution used in chemical experiments; also suspected of causing cancer and not approved for sale in the US.
* Sibutramine – a controlled substance used in the FDA approved drug Meridia. This was found in dosages much higher than that contained in the approved drug.
These products can cause serious health problems including high blood pressure, seizures, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), palpitations, heart attack, and stroke, alerted the FDA.
The higher levels of sibutramine can increase the incidence and severity of these health risks, said the agency, adding that the other controlled substance, fenproporex also found in some of the products, can cause arrhythmia and sudden death.
Consumers using any of the 72 products on the list should stop taking them and tell their doctor at once, said the FDA.
FDA laboratory tests have revealed the presence of sibutramine, fenproporex, fluoxetine, bumetanide, furosemide, phenytoin, rimonabant, cetilistat, and phenolphthalein in weight loss products being sold over-the-counter. The tainted products are listed below in alphabetical order along with the undeclared drug and/or chemical ingredient.
1. 2 Day Diet – sibutramine
2. 2 Day Diet Slim Advance – sibutramine
3. 2x Powerful Slimming – sibutramine
4. 3 Day Diet – sibutramine
5. 3 Days Fit – sibutramine
6. 3x Slimming Power – sibutramine, phenytoin
7. 5x Imelda Perfect Slimming – sibutramine
8. 7 Day Herbal Slim – sibutramine
9. 7 Days Diet – sibutramine
10. 7 Diet – sibutramine
11. 7 Diet Day/Night Formula – sibutramine
12. 8 Factor Diet – sibutramine, phenolphthalein
13. Eight Factor Diet – sibutramine
14. 21 Double Slim – sibutramine
15. 24 Hours Diet – sibutramine, phenolphthalein
16. 999 Fitness Essence – sibutramine
17. BioEmagrecim, sample 1 – fenproporex
BioEmagrecim, sample 2 – fluoxetine, furosemide
18. Body Creator – sibutramine
19. Body Shaping – sibutramine
20. Body Slimming – sibutramine
21. Cosmo Slim – sibutramine
22. Extrim Plus – sibutramine, phenytoin
23. Extrim Plus 24 Hour Reburn – sibutramine
24. Fasting Diet – sibutramine
25. Fatloss Slimming – sibutramine, phenolphthalein
26. GMP – sibutramine
27. Herbal Xenicol – cetilistat
28. Imelda Fat Reducer – sibutramine
29. Imelda Perfect Slim – sibutramine, phenolphthalein
30. JM Fat Reducer – sibutramine
31. Lida DaiDaihua – sibutramine
32. Meili – sibutramine
33. Meizitang – sibutramine
34. Miaozi MeiMiaoQianZiJiaoNang – sibutramine
35. Miaozi Slim Capsules – sibutramine
36. Natural Model – sibutramine
37. Perfect Slim – sibutramine
38. Perfect Slim 5x – sibutramine, phenolphthalein
39. Perfect Slim Up – sibutramine
40. Phyto Shape – rimonabant
41. Powerful Slim – sibutramine
42. ProSlim Plus – sibutramine
43. Reduce Weihgt – sibutramine
44. Royal Slimming Formula – sibutramine, phenolphthalein
45. Sana Plus – sibutramine
46. Slim 3 in 1 – sibutramine
47. Slim 3 in 1 Extra Slim Formula – sibutramine
48. Slim 3 in 1 Extra Slim Waist Formula – sibutramine
49. Slim 3 in 1 M18 Royal Diet – sibutramine
50. Slim 3 in 1 Slim Formula – sibutramine
51. Slim Burn – sibutramine
52. Slim Express 4 in 1 – sibutramine
53. Slim Express 360 – sibutramine
54. *Slim Fast – sibutramine
55. Slim Tech – sibutramine
56. Slim Up – sibutramine
57. Slim Waist Formula – sibutramine
58. Slim Waistline – sibutramine
59. Slimbionic- sibutramine
60. Sliminate – sibutramine
61. Slimming Formula – sibutramine
62. Somotrim – sibutramine
63. Starcaps – bumetanide
64. Super Fat Burner – sibutramine
65. Superslim – sibutramine, phenolphthalein
66. Super Slimming – sibutramine
67. Trim 2 Plus – sibutramine
68. Triple Slim – sibutramine
69. Venom Hyperdrive 3.0 – sibutramine
70. Waist Strength Formula – sibutramine
71. Xsvelten – sibutramine
72. Zhen de Shou – sibutramine, phenolphthalein
* This product should not be confused with the line of meal replacement and related products marketed as conventional foods under the brand name “Slim-Fast®”. The manufacturer of Slim-Fast®, Unilever United States, Inc., maintains that the Slim Fast product which appears on this list is not in any way associated with, sponsored or approved by, or otherwise related in any way to the Slim-Fast® brand of meal replacement and related products.
So, whom consumer should trust? Consult with your health care professional before taking dietary supplements to treat obesity or other diseases. Some drugs like our phentermine diet pills are pre-approved by FDA drugs, so you can trust them without any second thought. Besides this all consumers should be familiar with the following signs of health fraud:
* Promises of an “easy” fix for problems like excess weight, hair loss, or impotency.
* Claims such as “scientific breakthrough,” “miraculous cure,” “secret ingredient,” and “ancient remedy.”
* Impressive-sounding terms, such as “hunger stimulation point” and “thermogenesis” for a weight loss product.
* Claims that the product is safe because it is “natural.”
* Undocumented case histories or personal testimonials by consumers or doctors claiming amazing results.
* Promises of no-risk, money-back guarantees.
The FDA has inspected several companies associated with these products and is getting them to recall them all. The agency has powers to escalate enforcement such as issuing warning letters, seizing goods, to initiating criminal charges.
he FDA investigation is ongoing and the list will be updated in line with any further discoveries.
Copyright notice: This original article is the property of trustedonlinedrugs.com.
trustedonlinedrugs.com offers great saving on Phentermine weight loss pills and other